Monday 25 May 2015

The Tarren Hills

Where I hear you say?
These hills are overshadowed by Cadair Idris on the other side of the Talylyn Valley. 
I think they are well worth a visit as they should provide fine views over the Dovey Estuary and Cadair Idris. I sound unsure because we were mostly in low cloud. The only views we had were limited to parts of the Dovey Estuary. 
We parked in Abergwynolwyn and headed up the beautiful valley of Nant Gwernol, with cascades and emerald green pools. 

Of course, Toffee couldn't resist a swim. 
The first mountain top of the day was Tarrenhendre (634m), an uninspiring top made more so by the veil of cloud obscuring our views. 
The second top Tarren y Gesail (667m) was again shrouded in mist, so no views, but significantly this was my last 2000ft mountain top in Wales! 190 visited in the 7 years since my 50th birthday. 



Now I need to finish the English tops. 52 left to do out of the 252 in England. 

No comments:

Post a Comment