Wednesday 22 July 2015

Swimming at Shepperton

Rowan and I had a lovely swim at the Shepperton Lakes.

The lakes are on the West side of London next to the River Thames.
It is a beautiful location, within an large and private park. The lake is exclusively for swimmers and ducks.

This is a fantastic facility for open water swimming and a good opportunity to test out my new tri-suit. I enjoyed it so much that I returned on Saturday morning for another swim.

They have moored buoys to mark out two routes. One is 400m and the other 750m.

 I remained very warm in the wetsuit and it was very comfortable for swimming.

I will be back.

2 comments:

  1. Great place to swim and nice to be able to swim 400 m without having to turn round at every 25 m length!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might get a chance to visit when I'm there.

    ReplyDelete