Friday 3 July 2015

The Glamorgan Ridgeway

The Glamorgan Ridgeway is a scenic long distance path from North of Newport to Llanharan.

I had two Duke of Edinburgh Award groups to monitor and the weather forecast was poor. As it turned out the weather was much better than expected, no thunderstorms and just a little light rain.

Day 2 of their expedition took them from Llantrisant over Mynydd Garthmaelwg on forest tracks.


I decided to track them on my mountain bike so that I could move around faster on the forest trails.


The Ridgeway leaves the forest and flows over farmland at Mynydd Meiros. I stayed in the forest and headed to the NW tip where a track exits that I could use on my bike.





The track gently undulates heading towards Mynydd Portref with the wind turbines standing tall against the blue sky. 

I carried on over mynydd Hugh and was picked up where the minor road crosses from Brynna. 

No comments:

Post a Comment